Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Baby Bump - Week 39

Week 39
Maternity Leave at the
Handfelt Hacienda

We're five days out from the big due date and our little Baby H could come any time now...and I'm getting antsy since I've started my maternity leave on Monday. So far my day-to-day schedule has been pretty low key, consisting of making some necessary phone calls (daycares, ugh!), having a coffee date, and peeking in on the baby's room from time-to-time to remind myself just how adorable it is.

I do have to admit that it's nice sitting here:
  • Watching the snow fall outside
  • Having Carmella curled up next to me, dozing off into her blissful cat dreamland
  • Seeing the landlord shovel the walk and dig out our car (yay!)
  • Looking up warm winter recipes on allrecipes.com to add to my collection
  • Wearing slippers all day
But, it's kinda been boring and I look forward to baby's arrival to mix things up. It's not like I'm just taking a few days off to hang out and that I'm making a bunch of fun plans...I told Ben, I'm a little afraid to go too far from home! Man, I am getting wimpy! For example, I thought about going out to the suburbs to run some errands, but then thought better of it! I don't want to be out there by myself and go into labor! So, I'm staying pretty close to home for the next few days.

For the time being, my goal is to avoid:
  • Not changing out of my PJs until the afternoon
  • Not leaving the house all day long
  • Watching a lot of daytime TV
Being off of work through March seems like such a long time; it almost scares me! I'm happy to have just accepted a promotion to Senior Program Coordinator at UIC...and am excited about what that change means when I return back to work. It's going to be hard being gone for so long, but I'm lucky to have something so spectacular to keep me busy at home (well, hopefully in a few days from now)!

No comments: