Monday, December 15, 2008

The Handfelts Return, Having Witnessed No Cockfights, But Slightly More Tan

We're back from our trip to the Dominican Republic, all in one piece. We were greeted, rather rudely I might add, by snot freezing weather back in the Windy City. For shame!

Good times were had in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. I managed to avoid the patented Ben Handfelt Lobster Burn. We did the old 'fly and flop' at a VIP resort, but also took an awesome day trip into the mountains of the country, visiting a school, Dominican home and farm before capping it off by jumping off a 30 foot waterfall. Good times indeed.

We hope to have the first recap post up by the end of the week (this may require a couple of parts so it isn't interminably long), so to tide you over I give you this picture of my brother Cory and I, which pretty much sums up the trip:


No comments: