The Places:
This is the living room of one of our one-bedroom suites. Minimal time was spent here. Not pictured is the counter-top can opener which wrecked many a life and left only one survivor in it's wake: Harry.
The mountain views were amazing. Not even Cory being in the picture could diminish their greatness. On a thoroughly nerdy note, it kind of reminded me of the island on 'Lost'.
Many of you have probably golfed many more times than I, but have you ever had to deal with chickens on the fareway? They really add an unforeseen level of difficulty and even though they were only present on one hole, I blame them for my unsightly final score. I'll get my vengeance in the form of Wendy's five-piece nuggets.
Katy grinding up coffee during our tour of a typical Dominican home. It was so good that I make Katy use that exact same method every morning.
Dominicans love baseball. Therefore, by association, I love the Dominican. Or, as my friend Chris (Fort Wayne, woot woot!) observed, it appears that I stumbled across the 2012 Chicago Cubs roster.
The People:
The trip wouldn't have been near as fun without the company that we kept.The Dudes: Ron, Cory, Harry and Julio
The ladies: Katy, Gretchen, Cindy and Susan
The Food:
What would a HHH post be without the mention of food? Since it was an all inclusive, all of our food and drinks were paid for. The breakfast buffets were, well, buffets, but many of the on-site restaurants were really great. Our favorites were the Mexican joint, El Zorro and the Italian place Bellini, which served up tasty single serving pizzas in the afternoon.
Best food I ate: The 'typical Dominican meal' on our excursion; beef fajitas at El Zorro; Pasta Trio at Bellini; Katy's spiced birthday cake at VIP Gourmet; Gretchen's Chinese chicken dish at Indochine; the french fries at the beach bar; lamb shanks at VIP Gourmet; two eggs over easy at breakfast every morning; pizza at Bellini.Best drinks: Everything, but mostly Presidente beer, Pina Coladas and Tom Collins at the beach bar and Margaritas at El Zorro.
No comments:
Post a Comment