There was a post-Christmas trip back to Iowa. I got my oil changed and tires rotated at Tires Plus (what what?), and Lily experienced the eternal glory that is Crossroads Mall, and more importantly Texas Roadhouse. Seriously though folks, is there any other restaurant in town? We waited a solid hour, with child, at a reasonable hour in the day. I know the bread and cinnamon butter are good, but would you really kill a fool for it? Apparently so, and fools abound, including the Handfelt/Fuller clan.
We also stopped off in Mason City on our way back to see Leo Schmitz and his parents. Leo wore a tie for the occasion. Lily wore a dress. Sparks flew, eyebrows were raised and future bed sides were discussed. No consensus was reached.
Later in the month, Cory visited, along with a pregnant Gretchen (DNA tests to be revealed on Maury) and the annual trip to Kuma's commenced. I was finally able to indulge in the Lair of the Minotaur; caramelized onions, pancetta, brie, bourbon soaked pears; I tackled Cory across the table and no one seemed to notice. Afterwards we witnessed the glories of Arcade Fire at the UIC Pavilion. My jeans spontaneously got skinner, but my music IQ shot through the roof, as did my potential to grow a wispy mustache.
Other than that? Lots of parks. Rainy days spent deciphering Lily's newfound grasp of the English language. And of course, a fair amount of Elmo and raisins.
No comments:
Post a Comment