
The Ika Maki and Latin Heat Maki rolls at
Tank Sushi, 4514 N. Lincoln Ave. On Saturday we checked in for a late lunch after making the rounds at Lincoln Square's
Christkindl Market, picking up a few Christmas presents along the way and working up quite the appetite. The rolls were pretty stellar, particularly the Ika (the Latin one had that evil weed, cilantro)... that the rolls are half price until 6pm was cause for even more celebration.

I opted to go with the with the Sashimi platter (Chef's choice), which marked the first time that I've been courageous enough to order it on my own (I had scavenged off other people's plates before...classic Ben). Most times I play it safe and opt for the maki rolls, as opposed to the straight up raw fish, but the bitter cold had me feeling saucy. All things considered, it was pretty tasty. Yes, it tasted like you would imagine raw fish to taste, but not in a slimy, Cedar River sort of way, but in a fresh and delicious way. That said, 9 times out of 10 I'm still gonna opt for the rolls. That's just how I...roll.

Lily spent most of the time flirting with the waitstaff and craning her body around to bat her eyes at the 10 year old girl at the table next to us. She seemed to enjoy her Sweet Potato Tempura maki roll enough, although she devoured the chopstick rolls...essentially a combination of a taquito and a crab rangoon. In her baby words, "Everything tastes better on a Sesame Street disposable placemat."
No comments:
Post a Comment