
I was recently in California for about a week on both business and pleasure. The business being a field meeting with Fox Searchlight pictures, in which I was able to get a look at some of their upcoming slate, including the highly recommended
127 Hours and
Black Swan. But let's be honest, the business included a fair share of pleasure as well...I can think of worse fates than a business trip that involves watching movies on the Fox lot, mingling with Ed Helms (Nard Dog!) and eating lobster at the aptly named Santa Monica restaurant,
The Lobster.
Before that, I flew out to spend a few extra days in Huntington Beach with Ted and his wife Vicki, with child. We dined at
Las Brisas in Laguna Beach, where Ted claims to have once seen Kobe Bryant. Despite Ted's distaste for the Lakers, we can safely assume that, at that point, he was Kobe's biggest fan. The next day included a 4 mile run along the ocean (a personal best, at least since dial up Internet was still en vogue), a bar crawl bike ride along the beach, and steaks on the grill. Thankfully for the state of California, my shirt stayed on, as I wisely passed on re-creating scenes from Baywatch, but only because my base tan wasn't "Swanson" enough yet. Also, no Tupac sightings, although I did see Ed O'Neill, which is
pretty, pretty gangsta.
I actually wanted to eat the whole shell, but was told that was grounds for immediate termination.
Ted and I enjoy a Pacifico and an awkward (and rare) show of affection at The Saloon in Laguna Beach.
This ocean is oil free!
2 comments:
It's California, I highly doubt there is no oil that ocean. Also, the Gulf of Mexico is not an ocean. That is all.
LOL WUT?
Post a Comment