Monday, June 7, 2010

Watery Weekend

Addy, Lily & Sid, posing as much as 3 children can pose at the same time.

On Saturday, we strapped the young child into the Astra and headed downtown to the John G (Thang) Shedd Aquarium, where we met up with the Chungs and their wily and criminally adorable, almost-3-year-old twins, Sidney and Addison (that's Sid and Addy for those in the know). Upon our arrival, we were shocked (despite checking the forecast before we left) to find it pouring rain and alas, we hadn't packed an umbrella, ella ella.

I dropped Katy and Toonces out front but then had to sprint/walk/cry about a quarter mile in a downpour. Needless to say, by the time I made my way into the Aquarium, I was looking pretty sexy. Using Lily's blanket to dry myself off (bad parent!), we met Jami and John and all of our rugrats converged amongst the exotic marine life. Lily seemed engaged, if not a bit confused by it all, and Sid and Addy toured the place like they owned it (their family pass qualifies them as seasoned veterans). Given the varying napping/pooping/eating schedules of 3 itty bitties, the trip was short (I won't say mercifully, since everyone was well behaved), but not without purpose. We did after all, get to see sharks, which makes any sort of outing, aquatic or not, an unqualified success.

Sid crawling through some sort of labyrinth near the Penguin area.

Lily's cheeks make an appearance on the patio of the Shedd.

A damp Dad and Lily

No comments: