Friday, January 8, 2010

Ben's Breakfast Nook: Fluffy French Toast

In an effort to win the coveted 'World's Best Dad' title (a vote more closely guarded than the Papal Vote), I am determined to master the art of Sunday Breakfast. While Katy is adept at the more bourgeois breakfast (Eggs Benedict, Quiche Lorraine), I will tackle the peasant breakfast. As a service to the reader, I will omit the recipes that end in failure, which I imagine will outnumber the successes. On the heels of our ongoing Pancake Wars, I give you the perfect French Toast recipe.

Ben's Fluffy French Toast

Ingredients

1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp sugar
12 slices Texas Toast (for God's sake, don't use regular bread)

Instructions: Measure flour into bowl. Whisk in milk slowly. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Heat a lightly oiled griddle (I recommend this one...a sound investment to be sure) on medium heat. Soak break slices in the mixture and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes or so) on each side. Serve with REAL maple syrup and butter.

Enjoy and thank me later.

No comments: