Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Bump - Week 26


Week 26
Date night at "Turkish Cuisine" restaurant

The last few weeks have been busy for Ben and I. I've been wrapped with the start of the new school year at work, planning for new programs and visiting classes. Ben's had some big names in town lately (here's just one of the things he was in charge of lately) and has been doing a fantastic job meeting the studios' high demands (not to mention, working crazy hours)! We also hosted my parents and Cory and Justin over the last few weekends...so after all that fun, this weekend we were ready for some quiet time getting things done around home.

Last weekend I went to the Renegade Craft Fair, which is a very cool "hipster" fair where artists to sell their handmade goods, and bought something for the baby's room. If you're in Chicago, I highly recommend hitting the fair up at the holidays or when it returns next year. I also went to a baby resale event in Evanston that was filled with crazy and pushy "Housewives of Cook County" types. It was like an alternative universe where possessed suburbanites shove you out of the way to get a discounted Boppy...and I was a little scared!

The crib and dresser that we ordered for Little Miss Muffet also arrived, so we spent Saturday assembling it and watching football (Go Hawks!). We were happy that we completed the job successfully and without any meltdowns on our part, except for one piece of the crib arrived damaged, so we have to get that replaced...but we are slowly putting together the little one's room. To celebrate our craftsmanship, we went out to eat at a restaurant around the corner from our place that is creatively named "Turkish Cuisine." Hummus does a baby good!

No comments: