Thursday, May 21, 2009
Things We Like: Zach Galifianakis
I like my humor dry, bearded and pretentious. (Which is also how I liked my women back in college.) Get ready folks, cause this cat is gonna blow up like Frankie Muniz come June 5th with the release of the inevitably quotable, "oh my God you have to see this" film of the summer, The Hangover. Pretty soon he'll be like Vince Vaughn, all bloated and full of himself, making bad decisions and starring in horrible family comedies alongside Tim Allen and Ice Cube. If that's the case, let the record show we liked him way before he starts to suck.
We saw him perform at The Vic a few years back. What a riot that was. At one point I was laughing so hard I wanted to rip my seat off it's hinges and throw it through a window. I was having some other emotional issues at the time that may have played into that, but that's neither here nor there.
They were selling t-shirts in the lobby after the show that had a drawing of Zach's face with the word 'Pretentious' underneath. I was flush out of cash (Damn you $6 concert beers!) and Katy refused to let me spend our grocery money on such trivial pursuits. To this day, I still remind her of that time she cock-blocked my pursuit of happiness, although I don't think it really phases her one bit. She says that I already give off a vibe that says 'pretentious' and I don't need a t-shirt to reaffirm it.
Good zing Katy! Right out the Zach G playbook! Now watch that clip above. This is a different episode of "Between Two Ferns" than I posted before.
*Also, we'd like to send a shout out to fellow bloggers (check the sidebar) The Clarks, who welcomed Cale Robert Clark into the blogosphere (and world at large), and Nick of The Eternal Stench, who is getting hitched this weekend to a women who is surely out of his league.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment