Katy and I were lucky enough to score the proverbial 'golden ticket(s)' tonight to Game 1 of the Cubs-Dodgers playoff series at Wrigley. Economic recession be damned, people were scalping those things for a couple hundred bucks apiece outside of the stadium. I saw one person trade their newborn baby, straight up, for some bleacher seats. Luckily, we got ours at cost. A big Handfelt Happy Hour 'thank you' goes out to our Cubs Guardian Angel who helped us get the tickets. May the scads of tickets to mostly crappy movies and unwanted DVDS that I provide in return be of some value to you.
Unfortunately, the Cubs fell in defeat, 7-2. You can read my whole PG-13 recap of the experience, done by my alter ego over at Thunder Matt's Saloon, by clicking
here.
Hopefully this loss was just a minor bump in the road on the way to eventual success, comparable to the time I jumped into a public fountain in downtown Indianapolis. A minor bump in the road, but now look where I am! (Crickets) Hmmmm...on second thought, using my own life as a roadmap for success for the Cubs is probably extremely damning.
Pictured, l-r: Katy, Ben, duh.
Like they say in those annoying TBS commercials, "There's only one October!" Thanks. I'll make a mental note of that. Funny, I had always assumed that there were 2 Octobers.
No comments:
Post a Comment