So the other day I was reading the newspaper (undoubtedly some high brow publication like The Wall Street Journal), and I read about these things called 'blogs'. (The 'o' is silent) Apparently, they're all the rage nowadays, right up there with running water and the George Foreman Grill. So after having a pow wow with the wife and cat, we decided we would give this whole 'blogging' thing a go.
This will be a way for both family and friends (albeit, we don't have many of those...Katy blames me for that) to keep up on our goings on. Not that we really have a lot going on per se, but that's neither here nor there. And for those of you that are familiar with my alter ego over at that other blog, Thunder Matt's Saloon, rest assured that I'll will keep the shop talk and f bombs to a minimum here. In fact, I encourage you to bookmark this site and read the entries aloud to your children in order to put them asleep.
Now, I will take a few questions from the floor in regards to the blog.
Q: Will the blog be updated daily?
A: Oh God no. Maybe once a week. Our lives aren't that exciting.
Q: Who will contribute?
A: Besides me, my lovely wife Katy will contribute. Also, our cat, Carmella will occasionally chime in, although her paws aren't conducive to the human keyboard, so expect numerous typos.
Q: What will you write about?
A: Nothing earth shattering to be sure. It will mostly chronicle the mundane happenings in our life, if and when anything noteworthy occurs. Are you dying to know what I put on my ham sandwich last night? Of course not, but I'll tell you anyway. (Boetje's mustard, toasted bread) We do go to a lot of Cubs games and restaurants, so that's pretty sweet. Perhaps Katy will share her new potato salad recipe. Carmella may weigh in on the latest trends in birdwatching. That's the great thing. You just never know!
Q: Do you think anyone will read this?
A: Good question. Well, given the fact that as I mentioned before, we have a dearth of friends, and our families aren't especially Internet savvy, the answer to your question is a rather sad 'no'. But the goal isn't to get millions of readers. Nay, even one would suffice, although it's in Carmella's contract that she can quit any time our readership dips below 8 people.
Ok, time is up. There you have it. Bookmark this page, as the typing in .blogspot every time would seem to be a hassle.
Next up, Katy and I recap our summer so far, complete with color photos and surprise cameo appearances! Stay tuned...
5 comments:
Cool blog introduction Ben. I can't wait to see Carmella’s posting abilities. Smokie, Felix and Panic will be put to shame knowing a feline relative is getting some computer action. Smokie's always trying to horn in on Mike's computer time. He has, so far, been able to keep her from the keys; however, she does enjoy snoozing on his left arm while he's trying to type.
Twenty bucks says the next post isn't until sometime in January.
I'm going to check this thing regularly but if I'm not entertained by at least one tale of bafoonery a week I'm outta here.
I haven't seen this ridiculous an operation since FansIllustrated. Funny story. I actually went to an interview at an ad agency in Indy back in March and the person that I interviewed with knew Jenkins and Poer. Said she use to be an intern under KJenk at the Pacers. I asked if she remembered him smelling of peanut butter and was immediately escorted out of the building.
Who are these "Cubs" you speak of? Is that Chicago's entry in the National Lacrosse League? Didn't know you were a big fan of the Lacrosse.
I wait with great anticipation for your next entry. In the mean time, I will listen to my new BSB CD sans Kevin Richardson and think back to simpler times.
Out.
I have a feeling I'm going to like this weblog.
War the Handfelt's assault on Andersonville. War having a Bar Recap on The Eagle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJRDzs5GO2Y&feature=related
Upon landing at Houston's Intercontinental Airport after attending a family wedding in Chicago, we returned to any would-be runner's ideal weather conditions. With fair skies, a cool temperature (64 degrees) and some of the lowest humidity not commonly found in Southeast Texas, I decided to accept Chris's challenge and immediately began training for the 2009 Chicago Marathon. I will let Ben describe this challenge in his soon-to-be published post. Anyway, day one of training ended with a solid three mile run. After having only two throw up burps at the beginning of my run, I soon reached my slow, sluggish, pace. I have quietly accepted this pace as being quite reasonable given the infancy of my training, no history whatsoever of marathon running, and lastly, my age in general.
This quest will not end until the finish line is reached next October, somewhere presumably inside the loop of downtown Chicago. More to follow.
Post a Comment